Friday, January 15, 2010

Avatar AGAIN

I went to watch Avatar for the second time, this time in 2D. Honestly speaking, 2D seems to be a more pleasant experience for me as I suffered giddiness when I was watching it in 3D.

I watched it with my parents this time. For my dad, it's his 2nd movie since King Kong and as for my Mum, it's the first time she's watching a movie since 20 years ago.



The moment we stepped into the theatre, my Mum asked me why isn't there anyone leading us to our seats? So cute right?


Apparently in the olden days, the ticket staff will lead you to your seat just in case you can't find it. Haha, I guess that kind of service is long lost in the history already. Well, you might laugh but shouldn't we be ashamed that the service level in the past actually surpasses that of today's? Tsk tsk.


Nonetheless, it remains indelible for both my parents as they were enthusiastically discussing away about the theatres in the 1980s.


Even though it's my 2nd time watching Avatar, I have learnt something new.


Something so flagrant that most of us have taken for granted. That's life I guess? When things are constantly exposed to us, we don't know how precious they actually are.


The clan leader's wife told Jake this, "It's hard to fill a cup that is already full."




Jake, "But mine is empty. Trust me!"


Indeed, Jake's cup is empty. He has not received a single training nor has he clocked any lapse time in the Avatar body. Everyone was apprehensive about him entering the body and that they believed that he will be killed immediately as he was abandoned in the forest.

But to their dismay, he survived and has even successfully encroached onto the land of the natives unharmed. Best of all, he managed to gain the trust of the Na'vi and they, out of volition are willing to teach him the ways of the Omaticaya.


Have you guys ever thought about the point I just mentioned above? I bet you guys realised it right?




But how many of you have actually given it some serious considerations and thoughts? Most of you must have taken it for granted that in the story, Jake is the hero that infiltrated it but I'm quite sure that only a minority of you have thought about the point whereby his cup is actually empty. It's definitely not just a passing remark, but actually the essence of the movie. A message so flagrant that people did not even take note of.

To me, we people are often full of assumptions. Tabula rasa is a state whereby our mind is free of any impressions or opinions. Most of us have already lost it since birth.




Right now, we are merely a container fraught with criticisms and opinions. When the others try to convince us or help us look from another perspective, we remained adamant about it and even reprimand them for their nosiness.


But Jake was different, he did not know a single fact about the Pandora world or the Na'vi people. He just went into their world and learn from Neytiri, his soulmate. He listened and tried to see the forest through her eyes. He feel the creatures from deep inside him and did not assume right from the start.


In the end, he mastered the life as a Na'vi and is de facto one of the most successful military that has gotten so far deep into their culture.


Okay, enough said, I'm sure you guys got my point.


So hopefully from today onwards, you guys will learn to cast all opinions aside and listen to understand, rather than to argue. I'm not saying that you should not have your point of view, rather, I'm saying that you should give the rest a chance to teach you, and to give yourself a chance to see the point of view from the other's eyes.

In that way, we will have minimal conflicts in the world. Peace out!

Credits -mgeisler, -fanpop

No comments:

Post a Comment