Thursday, May 24, 2012

Year 2 Sem 2 Results


Okay, so I got my results and the above are the results. This is definitely not a good semester for me when you look at the results. Definitely no where near fantastic. Disappointed yes, but I guess this just pushes me to work even harder.


So first off HP1000: Introduction To Psychology.

I was pleasantly surprised at the A+ considering that I didn't do well for my mid term. Got around 43/50. But nonetheless, I guess my class participation somehow pulled me up and I think I did very well for my finals.

The Prof warned that there will be fill-in-the-blanks questions which I guess requires a lot of memory work, which is kinda my forte. That probably explains why I did so well.


Next for EE8092. Yet another surprise that I got an A. Considering that I did badly for my quizzes as well.

Quiz 1: 27/30
Quiz 2: 24/30

I don't think I performed very well for my finals either so I'm kinda surprised that I got an A. I guess its probably because alot of people SU-ed the module, pushing me up to an A.

CS8004: Media in China.

In fact, for this module I did very well for my quizzes.

Quiz 1: 90/100
Quiz 2: 86/100

However, I chose to SU the module because the finals were basically 2 questions only, 40 marks for one and 60 for the other. Naturally, I felt terrified considering that I don't really know what's happening during lessons.

But during the last lecture, the Prof actually gave away the final questions and the best part was this module was an open book. I did regret SU-ing it but I guess that's life.

I prepared for the finals nonetheless, and it was basically a walk in the park, I finished the paper in 1 hour and walked out like a boss.

BF214: International Financial Institutions

My friends warned me about this module long before the semester starts. They said that this module is extremely dangerous as it has a really steep bell curve. I thought I had in the bag when I got 88/100 for my mid term and full marks for my class participation. Furthermore, I believe I did extremely well for my final paper too.


However, I ended up with only an A- which was really disappointing. I guess it was because the final exam was too easy, which cause the bell curve to be extremely steep. I think I need to be more careful in my module selection in the future.


AB213: Research Methods

This module was a complete nightmare basically. It was extremely heavy in research and I highly discourage anyone from coming near this module. Please don't even think about taking up this module. Its really too time-exhausting and it takes away your revision time from your other modules. The worst part is that even if you put in a lot of effort, you might not get rewarded.


I put in so much effort and ended up with only an A-. Definitely not worth the effort to be honest. So I highly recommend that people stay far, far away from this module.


Don't even attempt to take it or you will 100% regret it.


Yep, that's basically the end of the review for this semester. Definitely not a good semester for me. My CGPA even dropped as a result. So I guess I can only work harder for my last 2 semesters.


But, since I'm going on exchange next semester, it won't change my GPA. So I'm glad :)

No comments:

Post a Comment