Monday, February 20, 2012

Hugo

I'm having my BF214 quiz tomorrow on Financial Institutions. As I was studying, I multi-tasked as I watched Hugo the movie at the same time.


It is a magnificent movie I must say. Simple story plot, nothing complicated and yet its such a beautiful story.


It has a simple message, it encourages people to dream. To chase their wildest dream and dream away ...





A few key important messages that I brought with me was that we should dream, because thats the thing that keep us alive.


Also, the main character was trying to find a key to fix his automaton (a machine). He loves fixing things and he feels that everything has a purpose in life, even machines.


We all live with a purpose and that if we do not go out there and fulfill purpose, we are sort of broken, just like the automaton.


This really inspires me to push myself to go out there and really achieve what I want. To fulfill my purpose in life. I shouldn't just sit there and wait for everything to come to me, instead I should go out there and chase after my dream.



Unfortunately his father died when he was young, and he became an orphan. The station master who was also an orphan was really obsessed with catching kids with no parents.


Whenever he saw any child behaving sneakily, he will catch them and send them away to an orphanage. He believes that these kids are always up to no good. In fact, as an orphan himself, he was simply activating his own defence mechanism.


Quoted from the movie Hugo, he said "You'll learn a thing or two there. I certainly did. How to follow orders. How to keep to yourself. How to survive without a family. Because you don't need one. You don't need a family."


From his words, I could understand that he was really hurt by his experience at the orphanage. No one cared for him. People merely ordered him around and no one listened to whatever he has to say. In the end, he could only keep everything to himself.


I think from this I learnt that whenever people behave abnormally or aggressively, its probably because its part of their defence mechanism.


You really need to sit down and get to know these people rather than judging them and labelling them as the bad guy.


At the end of the day, no one is bad. It just takes patience to go out and understand them.


Alright, that's all the reflections for now :) :)


Back to studying for my quiz :)

No comments:

Post a Comment