Friday, December 3, 2010

Excel And Access Quiz

After finishing the quiz yesterday, I am proud to say that I can write under my resume that I know how to use Excel's pivot table and subtotals and many other functions in my resume. In addition, I also know a little bit of Access.



Yesterday's quiz was very dramatic, to the extent that we were given an additional 15 minutes because of all the drama.



1. You may begin.


2. Everyone raises their hand and said that they have a missing worksheet in excel. The question stated that there are 7 but all of us only got 6.


3. Invigilitator told us to carry on first while she go and find out what's happening.


4. She walks back in and told us to close all our excel worksheets and wait for the person to come first. The other tutors will bring in the worksheet to us by plugging in the thumbdrive and I was thinking to myself, what the hell? How long and disruptive is that going to be ?


5. She ask us to continue on with our Excel worksheet because there was an error. There's no such worksheet.


6. Training cost = 4%*Sales Price Minimum $50
Many asked if the minimum of $50 is applicable to the training cost or the sales price.
First they told us its the training cost
Then later she told us its sales price.

Again, wastage of alot of time trying to change the complex formulaes.

Furthermore, all the sales price are above $50 so it doesn't make sense at all. Then again,that's what she said so we didn't really care.


7. We continued doing and it was really intense, I had a lot of drama like overlapping data and I had to start all over again.

Thank god I saved at Question 2 otherwise I would have to start from Question 1 again and that is no joke. It  will waste a lot of my time seriously.


8. Went on to Access quickly, finishing the first 4 parts pretty easily.


9. Then came the horror of the last question where I tried all the methods I knew of and yet I could not get anything when I run the query.
It was completely empty. And of course, I panic but then again after 30 minutes, I gave up and submitted to fate.


10. In the end, after the exam, everyone was asking around if anyone knew how to do the last question and that's when we suddenly realised that it was SUPPOSED to be blank -.-|||


Lame right? The examiner was obviously playing a mind game with us.


But definitely a wake up call for us man !


Oh well, everything went well for Excel and Access in the end. I just hoped that I can manage to secure a good grade for this Quiz.


Bye Bye all !

Credits -techgenie, -courseware

No comments:

Post a Comment