Sunday, January 17, 2010

Wisdom Tooth Extraction

Okay so I went for my Wisdom Tooth Extraction on the 12 January 2010.

Wow.... did I experience excruciating pain after that?

I thought the exact same thing as you guys too.

My friends were scaring me constantly. They said that my wound will bleed profusely and the pain will be exacerbated as I consume my food. On top of that, I will not be able to sleep soundly because I will wake up repeatedly at night.

With all these thoughts and advices in mind, I went into the operation theatre feeling apprehensive and nervous.

As I was under General Anaesthesia, I was sound asleep so I did not know exactly how my Doctor, Dr Sylvia Tay handled the operation.




On a side note, the operation theatre was pretty big and rather amazing so to speak. There are lights all over the place and at least 10 people in the operation theatres. I didn't know they need so many people to operate on me. However, since I know that so many people are going to take care of me, I lie on the bed feeling better than before.




The next moment, I blacked out.

I only woke up 2 hours later and I found myselfs lying on a bed in the Ward already. Then I see my mum by my side, she waited there for me for 3 hours. Thank you Mum, you are the best! Sorry for the boredom though.

As I woke up, a nurse approached and she placed 2 pieces of cotton wool into my mouth and she said it's to stop the bleeding. However, rather than experiencing pain, she made it a pleasurable experience and it was pretty humourous actually. The below is the conversation we had.




Nurse 1: Ahhhh open your mouth, i will put the cotton wool to stop e bleeding.


Me: AHHHHHHH

Nurse 1: Okay bite on to it.

Me: *bite*

Nurse 1: OUCH, wait wait, i havent take out my finger.

Me: Paiseh. This is extremely embarassing and I apologise here to Nurse 1 once again.
 
 
Then it's time for me to leave the hospitals and there was yet another bomb!
 
 
Nurse 2: Okay you can go now. Eh wait where's your kimono?


Me: Huh!?!?! What kimono? I didn't wear any kimonos here.




Nurse 2: That one (pointing at another patient), okay wait ar i go get it for you.

Me: LAUGHING OUT LOUD INSIDE AHHAHAHAHA SHE CALL THAT THING A KIMONO. She wins hands down.


Dr Sylvia Tan was extremely adroit i must say, this must have came from the many years of experience dealing up with a plethora of NSFs coming to AH to have their wisdom tooth plucked. If you guys did not know, NSFs love to have their wisdom tooth plucked during their National Service term.


Reason 1: It's free, spare of the thousand of dollars.


Reason 2: Very attractive Medicial Certificate


So guys do look for her if u want to do any extraction, i swear I didn't feel any pain at all. The bleeding stop on e day itself.


The nurses were extremely meticulous and patient. They changed the cotton wool painstakingly for me for a total of 4 times.



As for the other hospitals they merely change it for you 1 or 2 times and ask u to continue the routine at home and in the end it will 100% screw up.


So here's the trick, ask your nurse to help you change the cotton gaze for at least 4 times. It will take extremely long but don't worry about it, you paid for the service.


Apparently, you have to bite on to it for at least 45 minutes. I requested for a change at the 30th minute but the nurse told me that I have to wait for another 15 minutes because if I were to keep changing the cotton gaze, the bleeding won't stop.


Which is so true! It makes alot of sense doesn't it? You need to supply the necessary pressure to stop the bleeding, rather than keep on changing the cotton gaze which is practically useless.

I'm utmost impress at the consistency of the service at AH. I have been in contact wif many departments in AH already and I must say that none of them dissapoint me. Everyone is extremely polite, humourous and friendly.





The epitome of good service I must admit.

Above all, they even called me after a day of my operation to ask if I am feeling well or experience any pain on my wounds.


On top of that, they even adviced me on how to better take care of the wounds, especially during the first few days right after the operations, and that if I have any queries, I can always call them back for more help.


Really impressive!


Well Done Alexandra Hospital.
 
Credits -cdn, -healthproductsforyou, -shutterstock, -smartnursesstartthere

3 comments:

  1. wow! u're so lucky to be unconscious when u had ur wisdom tooth extracted. i had mine extracted when i am still conscious!!! the feeling is horrible and it's just like the dentist is doing some "construction work" inside my mouth! with all the drillings and he used a lot of force to push into my gum to get the tooth and it feel like my lower jaw is gonna dislocate off from my upper one! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA.

    Ouch, I can feel your pain just by reading, okay at least a little bit of it.

    wow, thank god it wasn't excruciating considering that there is LA applied right?

    oh well at least its over right?

    I pray hard that there are no more operations like this in the future for you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, that's painful! I can almost feel it. I'm seeing my dentist next month to get my two wisdom teeth extracted before heading to Murfreesboro for a long vacation. One of my buddies experienced extraction, too. He said it was really painful and he had a hard time eating. All he ate was soup for a week. Hehe!

    ReplyDelete