Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Advertising

Stefan Engeseth, the man that has recently sparked off a discussion on the point he made. The fall of Public Relations, The rise of Advertising. I’m not going to discuss on this point he made. Rather, I’m going to make a point about the rise of advertising.





Personally, from my perspective, I feel that today’s advertisements are completely missing the whole idea of accentuating the richness of the product. In layman terms, I cannot remember the name of the product and its esoteric strength apart of other products.




Typically, I see many lots of animations, a lot of words, a lot of descriptive, flowery language, fantastic cinematography, but what I don’t see is its distinguishing factor. There’s simply too much emphasis on the fact that the advertisement should be KAPOOW, a boom, a story that will espouse each and every one of the consumers out there. Well, I must say most of them captured my attention because the story is so strong and realistic and they capture every single details. But at the end of the day, it’s like a movie for me honestly, I watch it and I go back home and forget about it.




I believe that advertisements should be like trailers, they entice you, they tell you the important points which includes what the product is good at, what are the new innovations, how is it better than other products, and why is it applicable to me and most importantly what is the price like?



All these key factors are of paramount importance and yet I see them missing from the advertisements these days. That is precisely why people do not feel the adrenaline rush to get down to the shops and check these products out. It is simply because they do not even know what’s so good about the product and that they are actually the target audience.



Hence, my advice to the advertising industry is to make a succinct advertisement that encapsulates the essence of the product, one single or maybe two factors that is new from its past products and who are they targeting as their target market.

Credits -webdesignbooth, -moviesmedia, -hospice

No comments:

Post a Comment