Tuesday, May 8, 2012

American Express Internship

Today, I'm here to blog about my internship at American Express.




In actual fact, it has yet to begin. Officially, it starts on the 14 May 2012 next week. However, I must say that I'm extremely impressed already.


Just last Friday, I already met up with my supervisor to talk about the brief layout and scope of the project that I will be working on and afterwhich, we went out for some coffee at Coffeebean where we coincidentally met a lot of big shots.


Then, the following Monday, which was yesterday, I met up with him and the Marketing Director and her intern at Starbucks. The agenda was simple. It was a meet-up to get us acquainted. To be honest, I have done a couple of internships now and never have my bosses been so enthusiastic and caring before.


I'm already feeling important when the internship has yet to start. This really shows how much American Express puts their emphasis on personal development. It really shows you that the bosses really do care about their employees, even the interns!


We talked about everything under the sun and the session was really casual. I felt really at ease talking with them, with all the laughter and stuff. It really put you at ease.


I'm really pumped up about the starting of the internship already and I am extremely confident that this is going to be awesome!


Can't wait for next Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment