Sunday, November 29, 2009

Coffee ?

They say that the profits of the caffeine industry is up because people are leaning towards premium coffee now and they are not restricted by the exorbitant price of the coffee.


But, I beg to differ from the author's point of view. I do not feel that people are getting their latte anywhere.




Where they get it really matters because the price of the coffee is already off their threshold mark to be honest. Even if they can afford it, they will look for more prestigious coffee than McCafe seriously.



I think they really have to change their strategy when it comes to coffee because their current one is not sustainable at all.



Personally, I ask myself what do I look for when I want to purchase a cup of coffee.



1. Quality






2. Environment






3. Price



Quality of the coffee has been plummeting these days, it no longer taste as unique as before. Now, the taste is bland so to speak. And to be brutally honest, the environment of some coffeeclubs are so shabby and dowdy that it disgusts me to even step inside, least ordering a cup of coffee.



Lastly, price is a problem because I see that people are abetted to buy the largest cup of coffee because it is strategically priced in such a way that you only have to pay about 1.5 dollars more for the biggest cup as compared to the smallest cup.



I think there is a serious problem here because some of us just want a small cup of coffee for enjoyment and to fulfil our cravings but we are sort of compelled to purchase the largest cup.



Yes it is a great marketing strategy because people will buy the largest cup but then again, will they come back for the biggest cup again if they are turned off by the large cup and their inability to finish it results in wastage ==> waste of money .



Is that the idea that they want to send across to the consumers ?

No comments:

Post a Comment